Consumers are given many options for how they wish to interact with organizations. The mobile channel has increasingly become the more popular way to contact consumers, whether it is for relaying account information, confirmation of a transaction or even for promotional purposes. The challenge today is making sure that not only the consumer has given consent to contact them at their mobile number, but also that the contact is in compliance with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Mobile numbers present a unique challenge in that many numbers are not new and are recycled. This can be problematic if a company tries to contact their customer and the number is no longer theirs and in use by another consumer. View our webinar on ExpectID Number Verification here.
ExpectID Number Verification for TCPA Compliance
ExpectID Number Verification allows you to verify a consumer’s mobile phone number to reduce unnecessary calls and potential regulatory penalties.
How ExpectID Number Verification Works
Through a batch upload, ExpectID Number Verification is able to verify numbers prior to customer contact.
- The number is verified against MNO phone data in real time
- Results are returned indicating if the number is ok to call, not ok or indeterminable
- Organizations remain TCPA compliant and avoid fines up to $1,500 per violation
Advantages You Can Expect
- Verifies if a mobile number on file still belongs to a customer
- Update customer information prior to Call Center contact
- Real-Time verification from major Mobile Network Operators
- Access to more than 750 million numbers in the US & Canada
ExpectID Number Verification Can Be Used To Verify Numbers For
- Sending SMS notifications to customers
- Marketing Messages
- Mass Communications
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) stipulates in the TCPA that express written consent is required for pre-recorded and auto-dialed calls and even text messages sent to a mobile number. This includes accidental calls or call made in good faith to an incorrect number. Fines can be as high as $1,500 per violation for contacting the wrong individual.
- Webinar: ExpectID Number Verification for TCPA Compliance
- Press Release: IDology Launches ExpectID Number Verification, Enabling Real-Time Mobile Number Verification and Improved TCPA Compliance
- 2015 Fraud Report