As age-restricted commerce continues to grow, it becomes more important than ever to protect our youth and keep the products and services intended for adults out of the reach of children. Given the increasing level of identity theft, just validating that a customer is of age is no longer enough. Determining a minimum age needs to be combined with gaining a deeper insight into the validity of an identity along with fraud patterns to help meet compliance and prevent fraud.
IDology sets the industry standard for age verification solutions. That’s why Wine America endorses us. And why some of the largest restricted product companies in the world choose to use ExpectID Age.
ExpectID Age was developed to quickly confirm an age while promoting the guidelines set forth in the Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Specifically we designed our age verification solution to prevent and deter the activity of under-age consumer not-present activities for companies that want to replicate the protection standards in the bricks and mortar world.
ExpectID Age is combined with the power of ExpectID, IDology’s identity verification and fraud prevention platform. Customers gain the ability to verify that an individual meets minimum age requirements while also gaining further insight into an identity and potential fraud indicators
“IDology’s age verification solution gives wineries an important, effective and efficient way to instantly confirm someone’s age when making remote wine sales”
Bill Nelson, President, WineAmerica
How ExpectID Age Works:
Through a sophisticated technology platform, ExpectID Age performs an age and identity verification check on your customers. Add in our knowledge-based solution, ExpectID IQ for further identity verification.
ExpectID Age Benefits:
- Helps eliminate age-restricted product sales to minors online
- Prevents minors from accessing restricted content
- Increases protection of your business
- Advanced reporting features help show your due diligence efforts
- Alerts you to interactions with minors under COPPA
- Provides flexible limit settings
- Confirms age based on name and address only
- More sales from faster approvals
- Comprehensive fraud platform and dynamic decisioning to deter fraud
- Alcohol and tobacco sales
- Gaming & lottery
- Rated entertainment
- Wireless mobile content
- Subscription based services
- Restricted access websites
- Promotional item requests
- Gift purchases